My journey into Lap Band land.

Hello! I am currently 36 years old and have made the decision to have the Lap Band surgery done. This is my journal from the time of my decision and all the steps that will follow. I am hoping to find people that can relate with me or to help those who are looking for answers regarding this procedure.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Dilema :)

The seminar last night was very good, informative, and created some more questions.
First...there is no pogram fee so that was awesome. My dilema now is that I had only been going to band surgeons because I was sure that's what I wanted to do....but this surgeon also does the gastric sleeve surgery. Not having to deal with fills, pb'ing, getting stuck all sounds good....having part of my stomach cut away permanantly not so good.....Why did you choose the band over the sleeve or vice versa? I would love to hear your comments!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry I missed your post the first time around. I hope things are going well with you and would love to hear what you decided. I got the band on July 9th and had my 2nd fill this past Thursday. The fills really aren't a big deal. I haven't had any pbs, but I think they can be avoided for the most part once you get the hang of everything. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was curious what you decided to do. I am considering revision surgery and trying to decide between the sleeve and gastric bypass. I chose the band because it was the least invasive, but it has not worked for me. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete